We run a number of websites for the queer reading and writing community – Other Worlds Ink, Queer Sci Fi, QueeRomance Ink, Liminal Fiction, and J. Scott Coatsworth (Scott’s writer site). In addition to blog tours and cover reveals, we offer a variety of other promotional opportunities on these sites:
New Release Reviews (and QSF Announcements)
Requirements: New/Recent Release – LGBTQ+ Romance, LGBTQ+ Spec Fic, or General Spec Fic
Sites: QRI, QSF, LF
Got a new(ish) LGBTQ+ romance book, or an LGBTQ+ OR general speculative fiction (sci fi, fantasy, paranormal, or horror) book and want to get some more exposure? Submit it to us for possible review. If it’s queer spec fic, we’ll do a free Queer Sci Fi announcement in our newsletter and on social media. For all submitted books, we’ll put it on our reviewer list and see if anyone picks it up for review. You do NOT need to be a member of either site to use this service. It’s free.
Requirements: Must be a spec fic author (any kind)
Scott does a weekly author interview feature on his blog for spec fic (sci fi, fantasy, paranormal, or horror) book authors. If you write spec fic, you can sign up for one of these, and for this one you do not need to write queer fiction. Sign up here and we’ll send you the questions packet – and you can promote your latest book too!
Requirements: LGBTQ+ Romance, LGBTQ+ Spec Fic, or Spec Fic General
Sites: QRI, QSF, LF
Every month, we give away a pack of four books to everyone who signs up for the Queer Sci Fi, QueeRomance Ink or Liminal Fiction mailing list (or who is already on it and requests them). We also ask these readers to consider becoming a part of the author mailing lists for those for titles, and about 95% say yes. Once the month is over, we send out the eBooks (anywhere from 100-400 copies) and then send the emails for those readers to our authors.
Wanna try it? Just pick an open month below for QRI, QSF, or LF and add your book. if there are no open slots, add your book to the “Future Packs” section (about halfway down the page) and we’ll schedule it when we have space:
Cost: $20 Per Ad
Requirements: LGBTQ+ Romance, LGBTQ+ Spec Fic, or General Spec Fic
Sites: QRI, QSF, LF
We offer banner advertising on QueeRomance Ink, Queer Sci Fi, and Liminal Fiction – both on the site and in the newsletters.
Each week we have eight options ($20 ea, all 740 w x 200 h):
If the book is queer romance (with at least one LGBTQIA+ protagonist) or non fiction about romance,
- QueeRomance Ink Sales Saturday – this is our weekly list of books on the site that re on sale, and goes to about 1700 subscribers (1200 readers, 500 authors) – your banner ad book does not NEED to be on sale, but it doesn’t hurt. This is a one-time email.
- QueeRomance Ink Home Page – this appears on the QRI home page in the body above the rest of the content for the week.
- QueeRomance Ink Newsletter – basically the same as the Sales Sat ad, but in our regular newsletter, same subscribers.
If the book is speculative fiction (or non-fiction but about spec fic) with an LGBTQ+ bent (sci fi, fantasy, paranormal or horror) you can advertise it on Queer Sci Fi:
- Queer Sci Fi Home Page + – appears on most of the pages on the site for a week. This is a one-time email.
- Queer Sci Fi Newsletter – Our daily newsletter – your banner appears for seven days, and this list has about 900+ readers.
If the book is speculative fiction (any character identity – sci fi, fantasy, paranormal or horror) or non-fiction but about spec-fic, you can advertise it on Liminal Fiction too.
- Liminal Fiction Sales Sales Sales – this is our weekly list of books on the site that re on sale, and goes to about 700 subscribers – your banner ad book does not NEED to be on sale, but it doesn’t hurt. This is a one-time email.
- Liminal Fiction Home Page – this appears on the QRI home page in the body above the rest of the content for the week.
- Liminal Fiction Newsletter – this is our weekly newsletter, and goes to about 700 subscribers. This is a one-time email.
We also offer co-op ads on QSF, QRI and LF – basically 20 authors per site share an ad space for $40 each a year, and can have one book cover there at a time in rotation. These are not available very often – contact scott at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested, and we can put you on the waitlist if there are no free spots.
You can see what’s available here and grab a spot (or three):
Then pay for them here:
Creating the Ad:
You can make the ad, if you want, or we can create one for you for free. Just provide the cover, any related graphics you have, a tagline if you want it, and the link that you want the banner ad to point to.
Become a QSF, QRI or LF Blogger:
Requirements: Write about LGBTQ+ romance, LGBTQ+ spec fic, or General Spec Fic
QRI and QSF both have blogs, and always we’re looking for few more authors who want to blog about queer romance or queer speculative fiction. We’re not looking for promo posts, but we are looking for discussions about love and science and magic and writing in the queer community, which can certainly include mentions of your books – contact scott if interested.
Requirements: LGBTQ+ romance books, LGBTQ+ spec fic, or General Spec Fic
And of course we do blog tours and cover reveals. For more info on these, visit the
Any questions? email us at email@example.com.